Friday, 11 September 2026

Life In The Blackwater.

 

 Only taken a trillion visits to catch another R.Blackwater, this river really is a joy to be beside, the nature present is as good as you could ask to see anywhere in the country, the Barbel however have been really challenging as most of you who regularly follow my ramblings will know. When you do catch they are stunning fish and always pristine, but with the Otters ever present how long will fish like this be around for? 

 A typical trip unfolded where I opted to move around and fished just about every good looking spot I could, most have never yielded a touch but this trip just proved why you should always at least try for 20/30 mins, this beauty wasn't weighed but deserved a mat shot and quipped in my mind how many months will it take to find another.

Stunning Barbel around 4-5lb

 Anyway, I'll take what I can on this ever more difficult river before a double is found and landed. 

8 comments:

  1. Some fish are special no matter the weight. Hard earned reward there (and I’m sure you’ll find a double soon).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just have to keep going regardless of the time involved. But you are right, any Barbel off there is a massive result.

      Delete
  2. Well done. Might be a tough one to crack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it really will be, but I can only try and find them.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That's most certainly the plan, best time of the year is upon us now too!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Cheers Adam, I will certainly try to, one day I will get this and the Blackwater chalked off and get me just that little bit closer to completing my challenge.

      Delete

River Dove - Part 2.

   After visiting the Dove a couple weeks back I was pretty keen to get back on the river and try to track down a double figure Barbel, that...