The other evening I dropped back on the Bourne with a view to keeping my momentum going on a river I think could throw up what I want. Dotting around spots every 40-45mins and dropping in source boilies in every spot with the view to fishing all those. With so little rain the river was not flowing too well, but still carrying a little colour which gave me a little confidence something would happen.
About an hour after sunset I got my first touch of the evening as the tip shuddered, most likely a gentle liner but it told me something was down there and feeding, but what was it? half an hour later the tip powered round in a steady motion and I was attached to a fish, very quickly a Chub surfaced and not a bad one either, weighing 5lb it is my only Chub off the Bourne so it was a good start.
The hours after that ticked by with just foxes barking and owls chattering away all around me, I moved around fairly frequently, watching the tip for any additional sign of life but it didn't come, at midnight I packed up and headed for home.

Had a barn owl and a little owl for company Saturday evening, and bats flying into the rod and line
ReplyDeleteI think nature has had a good year this year, I've seen so much more and heard so much more this season with less time on the bank, can only hope things are on the up, shame there is so few Barbel floating around nowadays....
Delete