Tuesday 18 January 2022

Angling Isn't Always About Fish.

 

 We are blessed to live in such a beautiful country, its a shame most of the 70 million of us don't get to experience it, as an angler I consider myself as one of the lucky ones. I always get asked why I love fishing so much and unless one experiences it in its entirety it is difficult to explain. Just being there sometimes is enough, whether it's in somewhat urban locations or deep in the English countryside.

 

An Avocet in South London....Very odd indeed.

A wonderful Pipistrelle up the same tree I was watching Roach from.

A cropped image of my favourite creature, simply stunning.

Dorset Frome sunsets are exquisite.

Grayling at dawn.

Another wonderful sunset.

Freezing cold Hampshire Avon dawn.

Wool time! Grayling once again.


Meet Bill, an angler I've crossed paths with over the years,
 got to be firmly in his 80's and still out there braving it!



Deer o deer

An audience with the ol' Deers



Wonderfully clear skies over Nottinghamshire.


I'm in!!!!

Red Kite soaring through the Spring sunshine.


Common Newt.

Photogenic Robin.

Teddy weir raging in full flood and I'm on the boat :)

Eddie sunbathing

Goose Stepping Pheasant in south London! 

Dawn Carping.

Ditto...

Skylarks at dawn

Possibly my favourite ever sunrise pic!

0350 on June 16th whilst fishing can provide some serious spectacles.

Construction nightscape.

185million years old, incredible to be able to touch something so old.

Enton in the mirk.

Hopefully my office for a few more days Wrasse fishing.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic! The things we’re lucky enough to see - that most people miss in a lifetime..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I am always banging the drum about how rewarding angling is and what you can experience when out, it’s a totally different world out there to one most see and know. Shame, as it’s not the one I see and experience.

      Delete
  2. Great for the mind and mental well being. Some great "trophy" shots there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly helps me at times! As for the trophy shots, I do go looking for them sometimes, other times they find me.

      Delete
  3. Some beautiful images James. We are blessed with a tremendous backdrop to our pass time. I am surprised by the number of people that have never even seen a kingfisher yet alone an avocet or a sneering fox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does astonish me when people say that too, I honestly believe people need to make more of an effort, ignore the cities and towns, this country has so much more to offer. I get to enjoy it almost on a weekly basis and I'm thankful for that.

      Delete

Back on the Bream Trail.

   After that slow but very fruitful start to my spring Bream campaign I headed back out with the view to building upon what was a result be...