Saturday 10 February 2024

Local Action.

 

 On Tuesday just gone I dropped the kids off at school and nursery, that left me with a dilemma as to what to do, chill at home for a few hours before heading back out to get them at 3pm or go fishing... 

 It was an easy decision of course 😂, not a big one at just over 7lbs but a healthy bend was put in the rod as I aimed to keep that feisty Barbel out of the snags in the far-side undercut which it did visit momentarily but the well balanced tackle did it's job well.

 Release of that powerhouse below ⬇⬇⬇⬇

 Available via YouTube where there are other videos too ----) Chalk stream Barbel 

 Before the Barbel downstream I did have a surprise Brown Trout that was easily over 3lbs, very good to see them frequenting the lower reaches. Half past one came and that heralded my exit so I can make the 13 mile journey back home in time to collect the kids, t'was a nice way to spend 3hrs.

 Not quite the elation felt a few nights previous, that capture will be remembered until the day I kick the bucket. Still perched on cloud nine and smile everytime I see the pics.

4 comments:

  1. Well something had to knock that monster barbel off the top of the page! Still a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want to knock it off! But it was going to happen, I'll probably repost every Sunday :)

      Delete
  2. 13 miles in 90 mins!!! Oh, how I miss driving down there. Nice catch too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its dreadful! That said, I did from my house this morning to the BT tower in Fitzrovia in a shade over an hour!! That when the kids are at school is usually 1hr 45min and some sometimes!

      Delete

Back on the Bream Trail.

   After that slow but very fruitful start to my spring Bream campaign I headed back out with the view to building upon what was a result be...