Wednesday 20 March 2024

Season Review 2023/24.

 

 Well, that was fun! I managed to get quite a bit of angling done over the last 12 months, as you could probably imagine alot of it was in pursuit of Barbel as I looked to reach 23 completed rivers for my challenge. I'm happy to say that I managed to surpass that initial target and settled on 24 completed rivers by the close of play.

 It wasn't all Barbel though and here are a few of my highlights.

Kicked it off with a brace of big Bream.

Then a big river Rudd!

No: 19 - Finally a Loddon double, 10.7 YEAHHH

No: 20 - A Ribble Ripper! 10.13 

No: 21 - Sunset Sussex Rother gem, 12.10 

No: 22 - ColnBrook mirage, rare beasts, 11.5

No: 23 - Severn (lower) powerhouse, 10.7

My only PB of the season, 3lb 13oz Perch, woah!!

No: 24 - My Itchen monster, 15.2 (season best).

Best Grayling of the winter, 2.8

4 comments:

  1. Not bad at all!! Cracking through that Barbel Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing better than I thought I would have by this stage!. I think a target of 30 should be achievable for next season and I guess its all down to time and a slice of fortune here and there.

      Delete
  2. Some impressive beasties during your season James, good luck for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave! fingers crossed for an even better season. Hopefully we get a drier winter so I can make decent effort on the Pike and Grayling fronts. Good luck if you head out soon, spring is upon us!

      Delete

Back on the Bream Trail.

   After that slow but very fruitful start to my spring Bream campaign I headed back out with the view to building upon what was a result be...