Wednesday 21 March 2018

Early season Crucian; Live Blog.


 Owing to a quite day at work I thought it might be nice to get out for a few hours. What with the weather being rather pleasant considering what we’ve had to put up with recently, I couldn’t say no.

 So it’s 1:30 and so far I haven’t had any enquiries, but with two rods out, one with pop-up fake corn and the other a single buoyant bloodworm, I’m hoping there is something out there with the inclination to feeding. Here’s to hoping.

 Oh, just to some minor details; my tackle is a pair of Korum “all-rounder” rods 12ft and the reels are my trusty Shimano Exage 3000fd’s. Both rods are fished in conjunction with 42g flat-bed method feeders with Sonu-baits “Blood Worm” fishmeal mix, which I’m hoping will attract the occasional marauding fish into my area. Touch wood something happens.

 Update***

 My phone decided to battery dump and shut off, hence no further updates. To be fair I wouldn’t have put much more on as the sport was dead. The wind was favourable but the ditritus coming off the bottom was causing major issues with presentation. Another time, the outcome may be very different.

2 comments:

  1. A. You’ve invented Twitter :-)
    B. I’m going to refresh this page every 10 minutes now, supposed to be working...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blasted phone died! The fishing was pony anyhow.....not a sniff, a couple of weeks early I think.

      Delete

One Final Roll of the Dice.

   The pull of the Wye has had me travelling the 310 mile round trip to fish conditions that most would avoid, oddly I seem to love it! ( to...