Sunday 19 May 2019

A Brief Visit.


 Just a really quick post. This was supposed to be an early morning trip in search of carp, however with a very cold night the surface action was lacking and I quickly found myself wondering why I bothered. As always, as an opportunistic angler I stumbled over a tench feeding in the margins, sifting through the weed.

 With no carp in sight or offering up their locations I at least wanted something to wet the net. With a quick bit of thinking a slopping great big piece of flake was lowered onto the shelf amongst the weed a few feet away from the tench, perfectly in its path. Within seconds he was over the top of it and watched the flake vanish, a swift strike of the rod had the water erupting everywhere, this very angry tench was up for a scrap and boy did it go. On carp gear most would think he'd succumb in seconds! 3 minutes later after a fight to erect the net with a demon tench pulling on the rod wedged between my legs I finally got in a position to scoop up the tench. This one didn't want in.

 Pound for pound their power is unrivalled, I do not care what anyone says!

 This old tinca the fruits of a very brief visit, 6lb 3oz.


2 comments:

What A Start!

   Since the river season ended I've taken a 3 week hiatus from fishing, work as usual the excuse! Storm Kathleen however was predicted ...