Tuesday 25 June 2024

Carp Fix Part One.

 

 Something satisfying targeting Carp but glad I don't do it often as I feel I enjoy it more. Monday morning before work a dawn raid was planned and with the glorious weather we are at last experiencing I thought the timing was good!

 Minimal gear and a loaf of bread was all I needed, I rarely Carp fish with more! When I arrived I saw very little movement on the top which was a surprise to me as I was expecting to see plenty of cruising Carp patrolling the surface for grub. Chances it would seem would be at a premium and I wasn't wrong either, that said inevitably one or two would show and in the two hours I was mooching around one Carp did fall for the oldest trick in the book and gave a very good account of itself.

 When its shoulders broke the surface before the mouth I thought it was a decent, when it ambled over the cord I could see it was a linear! That will do nice and just a smidgen over the twenty pound barrier (20.02). 


 That was it for me and off to work I went. Stay tuned for part two.

2 comments:

Wye Not.

   Yes, Wye not indeed, I can't think of many places that I have fished that look so good whatever the time of year. This time around I ...