Tuesday 2 July 2024

Summer Barbel on the Pin.

 

 After a busy day at work I had two options once I'd finished with my last client, either go home or have a go for a Barbel or two on the way home. With the thick cloud overhead and cooler temps over the last couple days I opted for the latter and glad I did.

Real jungle warfare, great conditions for stalking.

 Three quarters of a loaf to use I opted to fish dead simple, a size 8 ESP cryogen hook and a single AAA shot when needed and trundled the flake to fish I could see or in runs I expected Barbel to be and was not disappointed. 2hrs later I had ended my short visit with five Barbel with the best weighing 8lb 11oz and in fantastic condition, the others were between the 3-5lb mark, all gave great scraps on the light gear.

Chalkstream Barbel at their finest.


 That was fun and a nice little teaser on local pastures before I restart my Barbel Challenge as I look to chalk off river number 25. The Kentish Stour or Arun will hopefully get a bit of attention soon once the weather becomes favourable and time becomes available.


1 comment:

Summer Barbel on the Pin.

   After a busy day at work I had two options once I'd finished with my last client, either go home or have a go for a Barbel or two on ...