Thursday 26 April 2018

T.H.P.C: Part Five: Playing It Cool.


 Since my extremely successful visit to the canal I have embarked on a further two without a sniff from a carp. The first resulted in 12 miles walked for 3 bream, no carp to show for my effort. The second visit was more of a power walk armed with a rod, the intention to fish for carp if seen was there but conditions were poor. Visibility down to just a foot ( possibly owing to increased boat traffic due to the warm weather ) and the lack of sunlight as a day of April showers dominated the forecast.


 A couple of short trips elsewhere on a stillwater provided a bit of sport with carp to just over 15lb, nothing large however showed itself and the quest continues. Pastures new for me soon as my canal target comes into focus. Just where will it come from I don't know, all I do know is I won't give up until I find it.

Best just over fifteen pounds, good fighters.
Hard to locate carp amongst that lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back on the Bream Trail.

   After that slow but very fruitful start to my spring Bream campaign I headed back out with the view to building upon what was a result be...