Sunday 31 August 2014

Mini Torpedo's.


 Just a quick session on Saturday morning resulted in my first Barbel for a month or so, although this was only my fourth trip out in search of these steely fighters it has been nice to be targeting a number of different species and catching a Barbel today may have re-ignited my desire to catch a few more, the little guy today was caught on my standard tactics of rolling using a cane rod on the pin.



 This youngster weighed between 4 to 4.8 and put up a great little fight and I did have the chance to hook one around 9lb and another between 8lb and 9lb which unfortunately was too clever as it hit my bait to test it's validity, but I feel very confident that any trips I embark on soon will throw up some fish, between that and some Thames Perch in the evenings this will probably make up my next weeks fishing.

 Look out in this weeks "Angler's Mail" for a couple of recent captures, available in shops from Tuesday.

 ......Be Lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Going to have to track down a copy of the Angler's Mail now - I thought there was a post missing...

    ReplyDelete

What A Start!

   Since the river season ended I've taken a 3 week hiatus from fishing, work as usual the excuse! Storm Kathleen however was predicted ...